CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER
The successful candidate will be responsible for site development, stormwater management design, site grading, erosion and sediment control, utility planning, from project inception through construction. Experience with site permitting in Maryland is a requirement. Public project experience including K-12 and Higher Education is preferred. This is a high-visibility, challenging position with growth opportunity where your contributions and performance will be easily recognized. We seek candidates who enjoy and react to the rewarding and challenging atmosphere we provide.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage design, permitting, and construction services for the assigned project efficiently and responsibly.
- May be required to sign and seal drawings with PE stamp for the assigned project when authorized by the principal/ team leader or supervisor.
- Will be required to maintain positive client relationships on a regular basis.
- Participate in adopting and improving design standards to improve or enhance our practice.
- Sensitive to clients’ needs and prioritizing information that client needs.
- Estimate additional work fee/scope and alert Team Leader of Scope Creep issues
- Complete site designs, perform hydrology calculations, design stormwater management, grading & drainage plans.
- Prepare detailed utility plans for water and sewer infrastructure development.
- Understand inclusion and exclusion of scope of services for different project types.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Sustainable Site requirements for LEED Certification on projects.
- Enforce methods on projects you are managing.
- Perform hydraulic and hydrologic stormwater management design
- Design sediment trapping facilities that are required to be hydraulically routed.
- Prepare Bond and Cost Estimates
Construction Administration and Quality Control
- Review shop drawings.
- Provide a timely response to questions/clarifications.
- Insure that quality control procedures are maintained.
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and government agencies.
- Attend progress meetings for projects.
- Direct drafters and assist engineers working on your projects.
- Help team leader supervise others when team leader is absent.
- Available to help answer other’s questions.
- Motivate staff working on your projects.
- Maintain a good rapport with all levels of staff members.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities with project team.
- Manage the production staff working on your projects to communicate effectively to achieve project goals and meeting deadlines. Manage junior staff and CAD operator to see that designs and plans are compiled properly, on-time and in a quality fashion.
- Manage assigned work load and schedule effectively with given resources.
- Communicate with team leader in advance when the schedule or deadlines change.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Apply online at http://careers.adtekengineers.com. ADTEK Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We conduct a pre-employment background investigation and are a drug-free workplace. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, with experience primarily in land/site development, with knowledge of utilities, drainage, quality control, and project management.
- A minimum of 5+ years of engineering design experience.
- A U.S. PE is required; Maryland preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD/Civil 3D design software.
- Strong client management experience required.
- In-depth knowledge with Maryland civil guidelines and permitting process is a requirement.
- Past experience with municipal projects such as schools, recreation centers, libraries, fire stations, etc. a plus.