We seek an experienced team leader with strong structural engineering skills. The successful candidate will plan, design and direct structural staff on base steel and concrete projects, especially on data center/mission critical and K-12 school projects. The Structural Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of project managers, project engineers, designers, and Revit technicians focusing on project coordination, client relations, scheduling and training. Using strong communication skills this individual will build positive client relationships and motivate our structural team to promote the firm’s commitment to excellence. This senior staff position will also work collaboratively with the other disciplines to forecast future workflow and meet company goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage projects from design development through construction administration while managing priorities, budgets, schedules and deadlines.
- Ensure quality control procedures are maintained.
- Meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete and timely communication of information.
- Deliver profitable projects by adhering to budgets and schedules, identifying deviations, managing resources effectively, and promptly completing tasks.
- Maintain current status of work being performed while managing staff performance.
- Identify and demonstrate need for additional staff members with projections and assist in selection process.
- Proactively identify and develop techniques to increase efficiency including training and mentoring staff.
- Responsible for developing/maintaining quality control processes, encouraging total quality management principles, fostering continuous improvement activities, and mitigating risks.
- Serve as technical specialist and have a willingness to acquire new skills as needed.
- Attend interviews and business development meetings that are integral to securing work for the pipeline to maintain and expand your team.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and finding opportunities to serve new clients.
- Work closely with other team leaders to manage the overall staff and develop/maintain standard policies and procedures.
- Support marketing by providing qualifications on pursuits as required.
- Assist in estimating project fees and preparation of contracts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Registered PE
- 10+ years design experience in base structural (steel and concrete) projects, including data center/mission critical, K-12, libraries, courthouses, and commercial buildings.
- Experience in Revit.
- Minimum 2 years management experience is required.
- Project Management experience is required.
- Candidate must have an engineering degree from accredited college or university.
- Proven ability to manage a team while also managing projects.
Apply online at https://careers.adtekengineers.com/. ADTEK Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We conduct a pre-employment background investigation and are a drug-free workplace. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.