ADTEK Engineers is looking for a civil engineer Project Manager in Charlottesville, VA. Initial training would occur in Fairfax, VA for a mutually agreed upon length of time. The successful candidate will be responsible for site development, stormwater management design, site grading, erosion and sediment control, utility planning, from project inception through construction. This is a high-visibility position where your contributions and performance would be easily recognized. We seek candidates who enjoy and react to the rewarding and challenging atmosphere we provide.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage design and construction services for the assigned project efficiently and responsibly.
- May be required to sign and seal drawings with PE stamp for the assigned project when authorized by the team leader or principal.
- Will be required to maintain positive client relationships on a regular basis.
- Estimate additional work fee/scope and alert Team Leader of Scope Creep issues
- Complete site designs, perform hydrology calculations, design stormwater management, grading & drainage plans.
- Prepares detailed utility plan and profile engineered plans for water and sewer infrastructure development.
- Understand inclusion and exclusion of scope of services for different project types.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Sustainable Site requirements for LEED Certification on projects.
- Perform hydraulic and hydrologic stormwater management design
- Prepare a Floodplain study with a single reach.
- Design sediment trapping facilities that are required to be hydraulically routed.
- Perform watermain pressure analysis/design.
- Prepare Bond and Cost Estimates with direction
Construction Administration and Quality Control
- Review shop drawings.
- Provide a timely response to questions/clarifications.
- Insure that quality control procedures are maintained within your team.
- Construction administration of projects designed by others.
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and government agencies and meet their expectations.
- Attend progress meetings for projects.
- Copes well in high-pressure situations and exhibits professionalism at all times.
Calculations and Analysis Ability
- Produces adequate, understandable, organized calculations.
- Serves as a Project Manager for assigned projects, including establishing design goals, project milestones, monitoring project schedule and costs.
- Responsible for the production of construction documents that can be used by clients and their contractors for the development and construction of projects.
- Enforce standard calculation methods on projects you are managing.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Direct drafters and assist engineers working on your projects.
- Help team leader supervise others when team leader is absent.
- Available to help answer other’s questions.
- Motivate staff working on your projects.
- Maintain a good rapport with all levels of staff members.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities with project team.
- Lead project postmortem meetings with assigned staff members.
- Manage the production staff working on your projects to effectively achieve project goals.
- Manage junior staff and CAD operator to see that designs and plans are compiled properly, on-time and in a quality fashion.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, with experience primarily in land/site development, with knowledge of utilities, drainage, quality control, and project management.
- A minimum of 5+ years of engineering design experience.
- A PE license is required.
- In-depth knowledge of CAD/Civil 3D design software.
- In-depth knowledge with local/county civil guidelines and permitting process is required.
- In-depth knowledge with Virginia civil guidelines and permitting process is a requirement.
Apply online at http://careers.adtekengineers.com
. ADTEK Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We conduct a pre-employment background investigation and are a drug-free workplace. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.